I’ve noticed a new phenomenon lately. Many authors now have what are called “Street Teams” or “Reader Groups.” I think it’s brilliant. From what I gather, it’s a volunteer army of readers who help the author market his/her books. In return, members of Street Teams get a TON of free perks and recognition. Street Team members are READERS, not usually authors who are busy selling their own books.
I’m going to start a Street Team and hope you’ll join me on this journey. Join me and we’ll have the best Street Team ever. I’ve thought of a few guidelines (and will most likely think of more). Remember, there is no cost to you whatsoever. This isn’t some weird scam. It’s something to bring authors and readers together. All you have to do is:
Like the genres of women’s fiction, contemporary romance and children’s picture books
Be willing to share my news online
Post honest reviews
Win great prizes!
Here are a few guidelines:
• There will be a PRIVATE Facebook page just for my Street Team and me. If you are interested, please fill out the short form at the bottom so I can email you and give you the link.
• Members who volunteer will help spread the word about my novels, new releases, sales, and more. Additionally, there will be occasion to help promote my children’s picture books. But the main focus will be on my novels.
• Members must be social media savvy. By that I do not mean a tech whiz (unless you are one and want to teach me). You should have a social media presence because this is how we’ll communicate, plus more than likely, you may live in another state or country. Therefore, to be eligible, you must have a presence on at least one of these sites: Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, Pinterest, and/or have a blog where you can share information. You do not have to be on all of these sites. Just one or two to be eligible to participate.
• Street Team members will help choose a name for my Street Team. Off the tip of my tongue, I’m thinking Beth’s Book Babes. 🙂
• Street Team members will get SNEAK PEEKS of my novel, participate in fun contests, receive swag, eBooks for upcoming drawings, cover reveals, and more. You will get to read my work before the public! Maybe even before my mom (though, probably not!)
• Street Team members will be entered into DRAWINGS for gift cards such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks and T.J. Maxx (since my characters and I love these places!)
• Street Team members will be eligible to receive cool SWAG such as bookmarks, pens, totes, lip balm, or whatever I buy in order to promote my work. Throughout the year, I’ll have drawings and contests for awesome SWAG for active team members.
• You’ll be invited to my online launch parties.
• Street Team members will be invited to suggest ideas for my upcoming books. For instance, I may have contests to choose character names, town names, pet names, or even plot twists. The winners will receive prizes and a mention on the respective Acknowledgement Page.
You get the picture. It’s a win-win for both the readers and the author. Basically, you’ll be my mini-marketing team. I’ll post our first task on my private Facebook page after I receive your contact info.
If you are interested in being on my team (no charge to you—just prizes and glory!), please complete the form below and check boxes to indicate your social media presence.
If you choose to join, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! This will be fun.