I’ve noticed a new phenomenon lately. Many authors now have what are called “Street Teams.” I think it’s brilliant. From what I gather, it’s a volunteer army of readers who help the author market his/her books. In return, members of Street Teams get a TON of free perks and recognition. Street Team members are READERS, not usually authors who are busy selling their own books.
I’ve decided I’m going to start a Street Team. I’m really excited about it and hope you’ll join me on this journey. We’ll figure it out together and be the best Street Team ever. I’ve thought of a few guidelines (and will most likely think of more). Remember, there is no cost to you whatsoever. This isn’t some weird scam. It’s something to bring authors and readers together. All you have to do is:
Like the genres of women’s fiction, contemporary romance and children’s picture books
Be willing to share my news online
Post honest reviews
Win great prizes!
Here are a few guidelines:
• There will be a PRIVATE Facebook page just for my Street Team and me. If you are interested, please fill out the short form at the bottom so I can email you and give you the link to my private Facebook Street Team page.
• Members who volunteer will help spread the word about my upcoming mid-August release, THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS, and later, my children’s picture books. But the first focus is definitely my novel.
• Members must be social media savvy. By that I do not mean a tech whiz (unless you are one and want to teach me). I just mean you must have a social media presence because this is how we’ll communicate, plus more than likely, you may live in another state or country. Therefore, to be eligible, you must have a presence on at least one of these sites: Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, and/or have a blog where you can share information. You do not have to be on all of these sites. Just one to be eligible to participate.
• Street Team members will help choose a name for my Street Team. Off the tip of my tongue, I’m thinking Beth’s Book Babes. Love it? Hate it? Another possibility: Beth Carter’s Street Team (too boring?) or Team Beth Carter (problem is, there are a LOT of Beth Carters and at least two other BC’s are authors). We can work on this name together.
• Street Team members will get SNEAK PEEKS of my novel. You will get to read it before the public! Maybe even before my mom (actually, she has already read it). You will receive an ARC (advanced reader copy) and will hopefully, post an honest review on Amazon. Reviews are like gold to writers.
• Street Team members will be entered into DRAWINGS for prizes like a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card, a $25 Starbucks gift card and a $25 T.J. Maxx gift card (since my characters and I love these places!) The drawings will be held in August after my novel releases. So, right off the top, there will be four big winners.
• Street Team members will be eligible to receive cool SWAG, which are items like bookmarks, pens, totes, tee shirts or whatever I buy in order to promote my work. Throughout the year, I’ll have drawings and contests for awesome SWAG. The most active Street Team members will get the best stuff!
• If you live locally, you’ll be invited to my launch parties!
• Regardless of where you live, you’ll be invited to my online launch parties.
• Street Team members will be invited to suggest ideas for my upcoming books. For instance, I’ll have contests to choose character names, town names, pet names, or even to suggest a plot twist. The winners will receive prizes and a mention on my upcoming acknowledgement pages.
You get the picture. It’s a win-win for both the readers and the author. Basically, you’ll be my mini-marketing team. I’ll post our first task on my private Facebook page after I receive your contact info.
If you are interested in being on my team (no charge to you—just prizes and glory!), please complete the form below and check boxes to indicate your social media presence.
If you choose to join, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! This will be fun.